Detour Lake Mine, Ontario, CA
14 days in, followed by 14 days off
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Crane Mechanic to join our Mobile Maintenance team reporting to the Mine Maintenance Supervisor.
Detour Lake is the second largest gold producing mine in Canada with the largest gold reserves and substantial growth potential. The open pit mine is located in northeastern Ontario, approximately 300 kilometres northeast of Timmins and 185 kilometres by road northeast of Cochrane, within the northernmost Abitibi Greenstone Belt.The mine is situated in the area of the historic Detour Lake open pit/underground mine operated by Placer Dome which produced 1.8 million ounces of gold from 1983 to 1999. The Detour Lake operation has a mine life of approximately 22 years with an average gold production of 659,000 ounces per year.
The Mobile Crane Mechanic will be responsible for the completion of mechanical maintenance tasks within the maintenance areas of the Detour Lake Mine while achieve production targets in a safe and efficient manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all mobile crane equipment is in a reliable and safe operating condition;
- Use of computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of required repairs;
- Perform regular service, preventative maintenance and repairs as required;
- Analyze maintenance procedures and make recommendations to improve effectiveness;
- Identify and report part requirements and supplies as required;
- Prepare electronic service reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner;
- Ensure that safety issues are reported to the supervisor and promptly remedied;
- Promote a positive health, safety and environment culture and the Internal Responsibility System;
- Other duties may be assigned from the Mine Maintenance Supervisor time to time.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED;
- Ontario provincial or inter-provincial (Red Seal) Heavy Duty Equipment Technician certificate;
- Certified Crane Inspector Certificate would be an asset;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with hydraulic mobile crane equipment;
- Computer literate with knowledge of CAT ET & SIS Web an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices;
- Focused and self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Experience working at a remote work site is an asset.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Allowance
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.