Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
5-2 (Monday to Friday)
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins, ON, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Projects Cost Engineer to join our Projects team reporting to the Manager Capital Projects/Projects Control, Canadian Operations.
The Project Cost Engineer is responsible to oversee and manage all project cost and schedule related items. This includes project controls, project costs and schedules. It also includes all project timelines for forecasts and budgets, daily, weekly, and monthly reporting as well as all project summary closeout reports.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with project managers to ensure all project controls are in place.
- Develop WBS (work Breakdown structures) and tracking forms for all projects.
- Track progress for AFE’s, Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Contracts
- Responsible for track project progress through the Stage Gate process
- Develop site level cost reporting (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, yearly)
- Assist in developing monthly forecasting and budgeting system for all projects.
- Oversee day to day project development with the intent to optimize cost controls.
- Trouble shoot project cost processes with the intent to optimize project Progress Payments and Invoicing
- Review project estimates ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Develop and implement project cost control strategies focused at saving money and advancing schedule.
- Establish monthly project spend tracking standards.
- Meet with PMT and Site personnel as required.
- Take part in Project AFE development and review, project concept reviews and schedule development.
- Oversee schedule development and reporting for all projects.
- Support all site project teams as required.
- Other duties as required.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 10 years experience in engineering within an industrial setting and 5 years experience in a project management role.
- Proficiency with Excel and accounting systems (SAP)
- A working understanding of Scheduling software (MS Project, P6)
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience with cost controls and implementation
- Engineering and construction project experience.
- Experience managing project costs.
- Previous work experience in a mining environment.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.