Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins, ON, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mine Business Analyst to join our Technical Services team reporting to the Mine Planning Superintendent.
The Mine Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the mine operations and technical services team to improve operating efficiencies through effective cost and production monitoring, reporting and data analysis that drive actions to improve business efficiencies, reliability and returns of the mine.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Generating quarterly trends analysis in collaboration with other departments for mine performance (plan vs actuals);
- Develop and maintain bench marking performance reviews along with monthly and quarterly production and cost reports.
- Develop and maintain root cause analysis information systems to record, store, analyze and communicate on main factors and impact of actions on mine performance;
- Design, maintain and produce regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards providing support for analysis, forecasting and data visulatisation. The role will be the custodian of all mine production and cost reports.
- Support in preparing mine operations and technical services budgets using the mine budget software- Xeras.
- Prepare operating and capital expenditure applications and projects relevant to the area of responsibility as required.
- Lead and support other departmental business improvement initiatives.
Our ideal candidate has:
Degree in Mine Engineering, Mine Geology, Computer science or a Finance background with relevant mining experience in similar roles;
2 years’ experience in open pit mine operations and data analysis;
Experienced user of mine information systems solutions;
Good understanding of financial and cost analysis;
Capable of preparing reports and clearly communicating results to mine operations, management, mobile fleet maintenance and the process plant;
Proven commitment to health, safety and the environment;
Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
Exceptional ability to work within a diverse team;
Attention to detail.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.