Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins, ON, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mine Engineer to join our Technical Services team reporting to the Mine Planning Superintendent.
The Senior Mine Engineer will be responsible for the coordination and optimization of efficient and safe mining operations involving production, pit maintenance, and technical services
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute strategic and life of mine plans and designs to manage open pit and underground interface;
- Work collaboratively with long and medium-term mine planning engineers providing input to two and five-year plans;
- Ensure that mining plans are consistent with data from geology, survey, maintenance, geotechnical, safety and environment;
- Provide daily and weekly blending plans for the plant production forecast;
- Define daily, weekly stockpile plans and strategy in coordination with all the required departments;
- Lead initiatives to increase mine production efficiencies, maximization of economic return and smart cost reduction;
- Visit project and operation areas to ascertain designs and plans are properly implemented and manage any changes;
- Develop procedures related to safety, costs, production, maintenance and budgeting;
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff and coordinate staff assignments and workloads;
- Drive change to ensure systems, planning and processes are aligned with internal metrics and deliverables, including the identification of business improvement opportunities.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering with eligibility for P.Eng registration with the PEO;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in mine planning with 2 years’ in an open pit mine;
- Experience with Hexagon MineSight and Maptek Vulcan considered a strong asset;
- Experience with Fleet Management Systems (Wenco) and use of reporting and analytical tools;
- Proven commitment to health, safety and the environment;
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Strong computer literacy with MS Office;
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong ability to lead others and ensure cohesion cross-departmentally.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.