Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins, ON, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Geology Superintendent to join our Geology team reporting to the Technical Services Manager.
The Geology Superintendent will plan, lead and manage the Geology team to support the operation through the delivery of industry best practices on geological services to achieve mining production targets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of in-pit ore production and reporting, including detailed reconciliation of the mine to mill flow of information;
- In-pit geological mapping and data analysis for both grade control modeling and geotechnical evaluation;
- Aligning the timing and specification of geology outputs to requirements of the medium and long-term strategic mine plans;
- Providing leadership, planning, design and review of all drilling programs at the Detour Lake pit;
- Assisting with the evaluation, construction and verification of the grade control;
- Monitoring and evaluating geological and analytical data quality;
- Supervision and mentoring all communication with consultants and departments such as exploration, milling, mine planning and mine operations;
- Ensuring all mine geology department activities are in compliance with health and safety policies and Ontario legislation;
- Follow defined practices to assure quality, safety and housekeeping standards.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geology;
- P.Geo designation preferred;
- 8 years’ experience in production geology; with preference in gold;
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in an operating mine preferred;
- Experience in open pit operations with a preference to large scale operations;
- Experience if mining software, Datamine experience is preferred;
- A detailed understanding of the efficient use of world-class geological and mining techniques and interpretation of a wide variety of geological data;
- Excellent computer and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety in the workplace;
- Good communication skills;
- Willingness to be involved in the training and development of young professionals.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.