Macassa Mine - Kirkland Lake, ON, Kirkland Lake, ON, CA
7/7 Rotation, Dayshift/Nightshift
Rate of Pay:
Hourly rate, commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Macassa Mine Site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Underground Grader Operator to join our Mine Operations team.
The Macassa Mine is a high-grade gold producer, with grade improving at depth, and a key valuation driver for Kirkland Lake Gold. Located in the Town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, the Macassa Mine remains on the highest gold grade mines in the world. Macassa commenced operations in 2002, and with the discovery of the South Mine Complex has been able to increase its level of production significantly over the past five years. The mine is located in an area with well-developed infrastructure, including a provincial highway, a railway system and a private airport. High-grade ore is processed at the Macassa Mill, which currently has available capacity and is located in close proximity to the mine.
The Grader Operator will be responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This position is a support role to mining and part of the team UG including services, Construction, Development & Production
Your responsibilities will include:
- Completed & ongoing competence with required core modules:
- Operating grader equipment to fine grade, spread & push aggregate materials.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other Logistic related duties as required.
- Demonstrate competence in relevant UG Hardrock common core,
- Housekeeping – keep work areas clean free from hazards
- Communication – listen to and communicate with others, keep accurate records on zero harm 5 point card, aligning with daily tasks
- Teamwork – work with others to meet and where possible exceed daily KPI’s set by Supervisor.
- Other duties as applied from time to time
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or high school equivalency
- Underground Common Core Modules
- 1 -3 years similar experience preferred.
- Work in a safe manner following all company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work independently and in a group environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Physically Fit, self starter
- Tolerance for hot, cold and humid environment
- Demonstrated Safety awareness
- Literacy and Numeracy to minimum year/grade 10
- Shift work Day and Night
- Occasional to frequent heavy push pull. Occasional sitting
- Constant standing. Constant walking over uneven ground
- Environment conditions can be: hot, humid, wet, dusty. Lighting is restricted. May be excessive noise. Airflow is artificial.
- Ground condition s may be wet, muddy slippery, sloped inclines, loose rocks and obstacles on the ground.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.