Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
5-2 (Monday to Friday)
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins, ON, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Projects Scheduler to join our Projects team.
The Projects Scheduler will be responsible for assisting in the planning, development and coordination of project schedules, including tracking, data analyses and report generation. The scheduler will work closely with the on-site project teams to ensure schedules are available in a timely manner. Schedules accurately will reflect construction resources, time requirements and project completion dates. All scheduled work will be required to minimizes downtime, maximizes productivity and adheres to company business processes, safety policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop master project schedules in MS Project.
- Update the master schedule, detailing the sequence of all work to be performed to ensure the schedule is realistic and accurate.
- Update detailed schedules in conjunction with construction work and supply packages.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance.
- Identify critical path tasks/activities and delays that impact a project.
- Investigate alternatives to assist in minimizing or removing any lost time in the schedules.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine the effects of changes.
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly performance reports, complete with analyses to monitor performance and take proactive measures to address and mitigate risk in achieving the plan.
- Review contractors’ schedule status and provide feedback on their performance.
- Identify areas within the schedule that can be improved or changed.
- Assist project teams in achieving project strategies and targets.
- Proactively identify project conflicts and assist the project team in effectively managing a resolution.
- Other duties as applied from time to time.
Our ideal candidate has:
- College diploma or university degree.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a scheduler.
- Experience with MS Project.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with construction and scheduling terms.
- Experience with planning.
- Engineering and construction experience a benefit.
- Previous work experience in a mining environment.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.