Macassa Mine - Kirkland Lake, ON, Kirkland Lake, ON, CA
Rate of Pay:
Based on Apprenticeship Level
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Macassa Site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for 4 Electrical Apprentices to join our Maintenance team.
The Macassa Mine is a high-grade gold producer, with grade improving at depth, and a key valuation driver for Kirkland Lake Gold. Located in the Town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, the Macassa Mine remains on the highest gold grade mines in the world. Macassa commenced operations in 2002, and with the discovery of the South Mine Complex has been able to increase its level of production significantly over the past five years. The mine is located in an area with well-developed infrastructure, including a provincial highway, a railway system and a private airport. High-grade ore is processed at the Macassa Mill, which currently has available capacity and is located in close proximity to the mine.
The Electrical Apprentice will be responsible to perform electrical work throughout the underground mine to support the operation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Installing and terminating conduit and cable. Locating and installing equipment, panels, sensors and other control components and devices
- Fabricate control panels, wiring check-out. Perform and/or assist with systems start up
- Participate in job site final walk though. Prepare all as built markup drawings for the design engineer
- Assist Trades personnel in the coordination of on-site activities and monitoring of progress
- Layout and plan the installation. Quantify and order required material
- Provide input relating to the resolution of any design or installation issues
- Where possible participate as part of the team to plan the job from the onset
- Install, alter, repair and maintain a wide range of electrical equipment for safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation
- Ensure all electrical maintenance operations are in compliance with applicable regulations and trade practices;
- May troubleshoot problems that occur with the job, submit requests for supplies and tools to ensure that they are available on the worksite when needed
- Lay out circuits, set up breaker and panel boxes, and install fixtures and lights as well as other electrical equipment
- Apply 5 S principles - Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
- Other duties as directed from time to time
Our ideal candidate has:
- In the case of Apprentice, be Registered (Ontario college of trades)
- Must be able to read and understand electrical prints
- Able to set priorities and work with at times limited supervision
- Knowledge of Lockout: high voltage switching and de-energizing cables
- Ability to competently use a multi-meter/megger insulation tester
- Experience reading & understanding hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Technical strength coupled with good people skills, and good planning;
- Basic computer skills, written and verbal communication skills;
- Must meet physical demands working in an underground environment
- Fit for Duty
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.