Macassa Mine - Kirkland Lake, ON, Kirkland Lake, ON, CA
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Macassa Site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for 2 Electrical Co-Op Students to join our Maintenance team until December 31, 2021.
The Macassa Mine is a high-grade gold producer, with grade improving at depth, and a key valuation driver for Kirkland Lake Gold. Located in the Town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, the Macassa Mine remains on the highest gold grade mines in the world. Macassa commenced operations in 2002, and with the discovery of the South Mine Complex has been able to increase its level of production significantly over the past five years. The mine is located in an area with well-developed infrastructure, including a provincial highway, a railway system and a private airport. High-grade ore is processed at the Macassa Mill, which currently has available capacity and is located in close proximity to the mine.
The Electrical Co-Op Student will be responsible for working within the Electrical department to assist with the refurbishment of batteries for our underground fleet of equipment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Replacing battery cells
- Troubleshooting control wiring and battery communication systems
- Read and interpret drawing, circuit diagrams, blueprints and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Lay down wires, splicing and connecting wires, installing switches, circuit breakers
- Analyze electrical systems and equipment to figure out why they aren't working (troubleshoot, test, resolve).
- Conduct preventative maintenance programs on electrical equipment and keep maintenance records
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
- Adhere to the OHSA & Acts and Regulations for mines - AZ463 Standards
- Work on assigned daily lineup following work orders and instructions
- Provide support within the centralized maintenance team
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Student of post secondary education in related field
- computer literacy required
- Must be physically fit to meet demands of role
- Electrical work experience an asset
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.