Macassa - Portal, Kirkland Lake, ON, CA
Rate of Pay:
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Macassa Portal Site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanic to join our maintenance team.
The Macassa Mine is a high-grade gold producer, with grade improving at depth, and a key valuation driver for Kirkland Lake Gold. Located in the Town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, the Macassa Mine remains on the highest gold grade mines in the world. Macassa commenced operations in 2002, and with the discovery of the South Mine Complex has been able to increase its level of production significantly over the past five years. The mine is located in an area with well-developed infrastructure, including a provincial highway, a railway system and a private airport. High-grade ore is processed at the Macassa Mill, which currently has available capacity and is located in close proximity to the mine.
The Mechanic will be responsible for ensuring support to Mining and part of the team UG including Services/Construction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Consistent with Maintenance Department Classification Guideline
- Responsible for the maintenance of mine equipment and facilities to insure their maximum contribution to the safety, quality and productivity of the operation
- Assembles, adjusts sets-up, lubricates, and maintains/repairs all types of mining equipment
- Reads and interprets blueprints while carefully following manufacturer’s instructions
- Carries out working orders related to the preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance plan of the operation
- Equipment removal, installation, alignment, troubleshooting and repair
- Ensures that the work areas, equipment and work practices comply with the regulatory codes, statutes and company requirements
- Liaises effectively with colleagues and managers regarding various work situations and the activities within the department
- All other duties as may be assigned
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma required
- Mechanic License required
- Experience reading hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Experience in CMMS
- 5+ years’ experience in similar role (Mining Equipment preferred)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.