Detour Lake Mine, Ontario, CA
7 days in, followed by 7 days off or 14 days in, followed by 14 days off
Rate of Pay:
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Plant Maintenance Millwright to join our Process Plant Maintenance team reporting to the Process Plant Mechanical Supervisor.
Detour Lake is the second largest gold producing mine in Canada with the largest gold reserves and substantial growth potential. The open pit mine is located in northeastern Ontario, approximately 300 kilometres northeast of Timmins and 185 kilometres by road northeast of Cochrane, within the northernmost Abitibi Greenstone Belt.The mine is situated in the area of the historic Detour Lake open pit/underground mine operated by Placer Dome which produced 1.8 million ounces of gold from 1983 to 1999. The Detour Lake operation has a mine life of approximately 22 years with an average gold production of 659,000 ounces per year.
The Process Plant Maintenance Millwright will be responsible to for the completion of mechanical maintenance tasks to achieve production targets in a safe and efficient manner within the Process Plant areas at the Detour Lake Mine.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complete specific work orders, providing sufficient detail for co-workers to acknowledge work completion and/or equipment issues;
- Provide mechanical expertise and apply advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills to assist operations, maintenance and technical personnel in identifying and solving day to day equipment problems;
- Complete process plant piping repairs;
- Safely operate specific units of mobile equipment including small mobile cranes, man lifts and forklifts;
- Assist in the commissioning of new installations and modifications;
- Analyze maintenance procedures and make recommendations to improve effectiveness;
- Identify, develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities;
- Ensure that safety issues are reported to the supervisor and promptly remedied;
- Participate in activities that contribute to the overall achievement of ‘World Class’ safety performance where safety is owned and embraced by everyone;
- Promote a positive health, safety and environment culture and the Internal Responsibility System.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ontario provincial or inter-provincial (Red Seal) millwright trade certificate or equivalent;
- 5 years’ related experience in an industrial/mining setting;
- Additional certification as a welder with the ability to interpret blueprints is an asset;
- Experience in computer based maintenance system, specifically SAP and experience with SAG/Ball mills and cone and gyratory crushers is an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices;
- Experience working at a remote work site is an asset.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Allowance
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.