Macassa Mine - Kirkland Lake, ON, Kirkland Lake, ON, CA
5-2 (Monday to Friday)
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Macassa Site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor, Business Intelligence to join our Macassa team.
The Macassa Mine is a high-grade gold producer, with grade improving at depth, and a key valuation driver for Kirkland Lake Gold. Located in the Town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, the Macassa Mine remains on the highest gold grade mines in the world. Macassa commenced operations in 2002, and with the discovery of the South Mine Complex has been able to increase its level of production significantly over the past five years. The mine is located in an area with well-developed infrastructure, including a provincial highway, a railway system and a private airport. High-grade ore is processed at the Macassa Mill, which currently has available capacity and is located in close proximity to the mine.
The Supervisor, Business Intelligence will be responsible to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Your responsibilities will include:
Strategy & Planning
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements (SLA’s) with end users.
- Create job procedures and policies.
- Develop and prioritize daily tasks for service desk personnel.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk staff, administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses and promotions when necessary.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development.
- Assist the Manager Business Intelligence prepare budget proposals and operational expenditures.
- Purchasing and deployment tasks
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, phone, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Create monthly reports for management.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer & maintain end user accounts, permissions, & access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff. Manage service desk personnel.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma/
- Tertiary degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Applied experience in Computer Science, Programming and/or Networking or equivalent work experience.
- Awareness of PLC and other logic systems
- Software application experience CISCO/LINUX/SAP MS Suite
- API understanding for multiple platform systems linking
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Leadership and Coaching skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.