Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
5-2 (Monday to Friday)
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins Ontario, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Core Technician to join our Exploration Department.
The Core Technician will be responsible for to support the exploration and/or production departments by handing, processing and sampling/cutting of diamond drill core and doing basic labour support functions for Exploration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pickup drill core from headframe/drill site, open boxes arrange in order, checking then for block footage errors.
- Tag hole number and footages for each box and place core boxes in rack, then bundle box lids for re-use.
- Cut core as per training procedure, checking for and inserting QA/QC samples.
- Complete cutting logbook/sheet and complete lab analysis form.
- Palletize/dump logged and sampled core boxes.
- Deliver sampled core/chips/mucks to assay lab if on minesite as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times, ensure proper PPE and tools are used for all tasks.
- Operate forklift as per proper training, moving core skids with core or samples and other materials.
- Take part in storing pulps and rejects as required.
- Assist geologists as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Interest in geology and mine operations.
- Good communication skills, literacy and numeracy skills.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.