Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
5-2 (Monday to Friday)
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins Ontario, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Exploration Geologist to join our Exploration Department.
The Exploration Geologist will be responsible to log exploration drill holes using current software and protocols as outlined by the Company. Field work may include spotting surface drill hole collars, surface mapping, prospecting, soil geochemistry and working with geophysical surveys while ensuring adherence to all statutory requirements and Company Safety, Health and Environmental standards and procedures. Additional duties include the monitoring of exploration drilling programs, interpretation of drill results and working with other exploration geologists to advance concepts and ideas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and standards and legislated requirements with a focus on health and safety, including the Loss Control Program.
- Monitoring drill hole progress, logging drill core using appropriate software, process and interpretation of exploration geology data.
- For the key responsibility of drill core logging, ensures geological data is collected to specified standards and QA/QC protocol is followed and drill logs are error free and validated. Ensure the daily updating of the drill hole database and cross sections as required.
- Completes field visits to drill sites (underground or on surface) to check drill site locations (safety inspections, labeling drill collars, etc.) and ensure drill and exploration programs are conducted to high standards and samples are collected and transported to the assay lab efficiently.
- Can assist in completing assigned local mine or regional compilation and interpretation efforts (geological, geophysical, etc.) as an individual under a Senior Geologist, as well as involving consultants to ensure delivered products are in acceptable format and integrated into KL Gold data structures (ddh database in Fusion and ArcGIS files). Can work with data to continue and refine exploration target generation.
- Be aware of and ensure all geological work (core logging, mapping, sample collection, QAQC, etc.) follows CIM guidelines for best practise for exploration.
- Directs, coordinates and controls employees assigned to him/her consistent with the Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Develop and advance knowledge of QA/QC requirements and analysis of data and monitoring of assigned QA/QC data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Must be graduate in an Earth Science program, minimum B.Sc. or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must either have a membership as a Professional Geologist in Province of Ontario (P.Geo.) or be eligible for membership (GIT) and working towards a professional accreditation in geology in Ontario.
- Preferred 1-3 years of exploration or mine geology experience, working with drilling programs and exposure to a geological core logging software.
- Deliver work output to ensure logged core is timely, accurate and at a volume (specified minimum daily core logging expectation) to support critical information flow.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.