Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
5-2 (Monday to Friday)
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins, Ontario, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Exploration Geologist to join our Exploration Department.
The Senior Exploration Geologist will be responsible for assisting in managing multi-faceted surface and underground exploration programs to generate new resources and advance existing resources to production for KLG. You will develop innovative exploration targets on KLG properties or in assigned areas as directed through application of advanced exploration techniques and analysis of geological data sets. You will will also be involved in the interpretation of geological data and developing geological models to be used in resource estimation and working with other exploration geologists to advance concepts and ideas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and standards and legislated requirements with a focus on health and safety.
- Ensures that assigned exploration efforts are prioritized as to present short-term exploration opportunities for KLG. Ensure that exploration projects are well designed and will lead to desired results allowing decisions to be made.
- Plans drill hole locations and expected deviations for drillhole traces to effectively test the mineralization and exploration targets as directed (i.e., attain hole spacing as directed). Proactively tracks active drillhole traces and reacts to unexpected deviations.
- Supervises geological work (core logging, mapping, sample collection, QAQC, etc.) to ensure CIM guidelines for best practise for exploration are followed.
- Assists in proposing budgets and exploration programs on assigned KLG projects. Assists in preparation and presentation of yearly Exploration Budgets through completing necessary supporting geological images in PowerPoint.
- Completes monthly and quarterly tracking of project costs and forecasting of exploration expenditures on assigned projects. Checks, signs, approves and properly codes all invoices related to their project. Maintains a table of assay results and interpretation of the results.
- Plans and coordinates any type of assigned exploration program including geological interpretations (to support resource estimations), diamond and RC drilling, geophysical and geochemical (soils, tills, stream sediment, etc.) surveys, mapping, trenching, compilations etc. Track exploration results and recommends changes to the plan as required.
- Completes required weekly, monthly, quarterly reports for KLG as per existing legal agreements and assessment requirements.
- Completes field visits to assigned projects to ensure drill and exploration programs are conducted to high standards.
- Sets up contracts for various geological exploration programs and supervises Contractor work on assigned projects, ensuring adherence to all LSG Safety policies and procedures.
- Mentoring, training and coaching to aid in the continuing development of geologists and core technicians that may be assigned.
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Our ideal candidate has:
- B.Sc. or Tertiary education in Geology and membership as a Professional Geologist in Province of Ontario (P.Geo.).
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience involved with early stage or advanced exploration involving Archean Gold deposits.
- Strong ability with geological software (ArcGIS, Datamine or other 3 D software, Fusion, DH Logger, AutoCAD, etc).
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.