Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON, CA
5-2 (Monday to Friday)
Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins Ontario, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator to join our Exploration Department.
The Database Administrator will be responsible to deliver and maintain an accurate high-quality geological database ensuring best practice for QAQC in data entry, data validation, strict procedural adherence, delivering consistent improvement to operating standards. The geological data can be used by both production and exploration departments for use in definition and exploration drilling programs as well as for the mineral resource estimation process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing software to ensure the drill hole database is up to date and accurate with required data.
- Daily importation of all assay data from analytical labs for exploration and mine site drilling into Fusion or other database, checking QAQC and following import protocol.
- Manage QA/QC on drillhole assay data and input into database. Identifies issues to Senior and or Project Geologists responsible for specific projects and follows through to ensure action taken.
- Implement and apply software quaries to verify and valid Import all assay data from exploration and mine site drilling.
- Completes required weekly, monthly and quarterly and yearly reports and tracks statistics for lab submitted sample numbers for individual projects and lab turnaround times.
- Communication with analytical labs related to assay procedures and analytical issues/questions.
- Follow Canadian Institute of Mining (CIM) guidelines for QAQC exploration Best Practices Guidelines relating to the usability of a geological database.
- Follow NI 43-101 guideline standards relating to the reporting and organization of the geological database.
- Creation of maps/graphs related to drillhole and QA/QC information for reports & presentations.
- Ensure prompt delivery of validated and error free information to resource modeling team members.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Must be graduate in an Earth Sciences program, minimum B.Sc. or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must either have a membership as a Professional Geologist in Province of Ontario (P.Geo.) or be eligible for and working towards a professional accreditation in geology in Ontario.
- Minimum 1-3 years of Exploration or Mine Geology experience.
- Preferred experience with geoscientific databases and systems and strong computer skills with familiarity .
- Familiarity with Fusion, Datamine, SQL server and/or other geological database software.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.